Coach and Project Manager
I’m Maria Pennanen, a Wellbeing Superstars coach and project manager, wilderness guide, sports instructor and sports medicine specialist.
My life is guided by a belief in the power of exercise and a positive approach to everything I do. As a sports instructor, I have worked with school children, special needs groups and the elderly, and seen how the joy of exercise can ignite the spark for an active life.
My particular area of expertise is sports medicine, and I’m passionate about combining practical coaching work with an in-depth understanding of scientific research.
As a coach at Wellbeing Superstars, I am involved in developing and implementing a coaching concept that appeals to me it its simple ingenuity: a community-driven programme based on research that aims to bring about sustainable change through small, everyday steps in a way that supports health and medical wellbeing.
In my free time, I enjoy being energised by sport and exercise. I spend a lot of time outdoors in nature, both alone and with my family. I listen to the sounds of the forest where I can relax and recharge my batteries for a new day.
- Master of Sports Medicine
- Specialist Vocational Qualification in Product Development
- Bachelor of Applied Science, Sports Instructor
- Education Planning Specialist, Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences
- Director of the Sports Department’s Services, City of Kurikka
- Baby and Family Swimming Instructor, Finnish Swimming Teaching and Lifesaving Federation
- Sports Instructor, Municipality of Asikkala, Municipality of Lapua, City of Kurikka & Päijät-Häme Sports and Physical Education
- Research Assistant, National Institute for Health and Welfare